Local CrimePaphosrobberyTop News Second suspect held in Paphos delivery driver attack Delivery 4 1920x1280 (1) Relevant News On this day: the Mona Lisa was stolen from the Louvre in Paris, in 1911 21 August 2026 Second suspect held in Paphos delivery driver attack 21 August 2026 Paphos court remands 48-year-old until domestic violence trial 21 August 2026 Dora Christodoulou 21 August 2026 FacebookXWhatsAppEmailPrintViber Paphos District Court issued a seven-day detention order today against a 22-year-old suspect, arrested yesterday over serious incidents on Tuesday night targeting food delivery drivers in the Mouttalos area of central Paphos. A police representative told the court the 22-year-old suspect had been identified through examination of video footage authorities hold from the area of the incidents. This followed the arrest, on Wednesday night, of a 35-year-old man in the same case. He appeared in court yesterday, where an eight-day detention order was issued against him. Police say the charges against the two men concern robbery, assault causing actual bodily harm, riot, illegal possession and transport of an offensive weapon, common assault, and malicious damage. The confrontation began at around 8.30pm on Tuesday, when a 26-year-old delivery driver went to an area of Mouttalos to deliver a food order. According to the evidence under examination, an unknown man, said to have been accompanied by three other people, refused to pay for the order on the driver’s arrival and then attacked him, throwing a stone in his direction. The 26-year-old alerted colleagues, who rushed to the area. Shortly afterwards, around ten unknown men are said to have gathered at the scene, some of them appearing to be carrying metal objects. What followed was an assault on the delivery drivers: the alleged perpetrators are said to have attacked them and damaged their motorcycles, knocking some of the bikes to the ground. According to evidence being investigated by police, the situation escalated further from there. Four of the unknown individuals got into a vehicle and headed towards Mouttalos, where they found a 22-year-old delivery driver who had just completed a delivery. Three of the men got out of the vehicle and attacked the 22-year-old driver. Police say they then took a sum of money and his mobile phone from him before fleeing the scene in an unknown direction. Five delivery drivers in total were injured in the confrontation. Ambulances took all of them to Paphos Hospital, where the doctor on duty examined them and found they had sustained various injuries. Four of the injured were discharged, while one remained in hospital for further treatment. Subscribe to our Newsletter Latest News On this day: the Mona Lisa was stolen from the Louvre in Paris, in 1911 Paphos court remands 48-year-old until domestic violence trial International electronic music festival planned in occupied Kyrenia days after EXIT withdrawal Cannabis and airgun seized in Limassol drugs raid, four held Paphos father leaves 11-year-old daughter home alone to travel abroad Quiet diplomacy convinces Serbian festival to withdraw from Kyrenia When the centre looks right: Europe’s changing political balance Follow en.philenews on Google News and be the first to know all the news about Cyprus and the world.
Poland ‘very disappointed’ after Israel drops probe into killing of Polish citizen
• What happened: Poland expressed strong disappointment after Israel decided to discontinue its investigation into the killing of a Polish citizen, Damian Sobol...